Networks and destinations
1. If everything becomes open and connected, what will happen to the big destinations?
2. Why is the web rapidly evolving into uncountable databases with connections, instead of one database where everything connects?
3. If all services and destinations become open, then what is the point in being a destination site in the first place?
4. Why are we creating webs within webs, instead of one network that connects it all?
Personality and identity
5. Why am I forced to be fragmented across the web, instead of having one presence that can connect anywhere?
6. Why do I need to get my friends to use the social services I’m on, instead of having my friends with me no matter what service I use?
7. What is or defines my online identity? Am I my profile, my interactions, my data?
8. What defines my presence on the web? Is it the fact that I can be found, or that I can interact anywhere?
9. Why is ‘having data about me’ more important than ‘serving me the right data’?
10. Why is real-time data more important than serving the right data at the right time?
11. Can data lead to demand, or does it only take care of supply?
12. Why does a company have control over all data, instead of letting the user be in control of his own data?
14. Why does every service have to implement privacy controls for the user, while we could implement 1 set of privacy controls that the user can control across all services?
15. Why is the economic model on the web broken for most companies?
16. Why do most companies work with advertisement models while clearly few manage to be sustainably profitable?
17. When does the network effect diminish in web business models and thinking?
18. Why can we now publicly rant about anything or anyone, without really being held accountable for our actions?
19. Why do we expect everything to be free, and then have high demands and complain about service?
20. Why would we want to have thousands of friends and interact everywhere?
21. Will we continue to increase interaction or are we reaching saturation?
22. Why do we spend more and more time online while real life passes by so quickly?
Just a few questions that I have. How about you? Do you have any?
Anyone have some answers?